We build capacity and sustainability in Maine's volunteer sector by...
The 28th Maine Blaine House Conference on Service and Volunteerism features
- 35 sessions
- National and Maine presenters
- Volunteer management skill-building
- Employee volunteering for small businesses
- Thought provoking keynote (Jason Mangone, Franklin Project)
- And much more!
September 11 marked the start of 48 hours commemorating the founding of AmeriCorps.
Over 110 AmeriCorps members, Alums, and program staff joined forces to reclaim cross-country trails at Lewiston High School and reclaim a retaining pond on the campus. Thanks to LLBean and other local support, there was water, lunch, eye safety gear, gloves, and lots of comaraderie! View photos through link below.
It's countdown to the Nationwide, simultaneous 24 hour celebration of AmeriCorps!
Over 100 Maine AmeriCorps members will commit to serving communities at a special ceremony on September 12. The Maine event will be part of a simultaneous, nationwide pledge ceremony that extends from Guam to Hawiaii to Puerto Rico and Maine.
The year-in-review for the Maine Commission for Community Service is its 2013 Annual Report to the Governor and Legislature.
An online copy is available through the link below.
For a hard copy, contact the Commission at email@example.com .
Links to recent news and events.
- Senator Angus King Visit to Western Maine National Service Programs
- Rep. Chellie Pingree Visit to Waterville National Service Programs
- Maine National Service Awareness Day at the Capitol (2014)
- Rep. Mike Michaud Site Visit to Lewiston National Service Programs
- Explore MCCS videos!